Sunday, November 24, 2013

Judging a book by its cover

Before summer I started reading the Lauren Kate books, drawn to them by their cover print. I was looking for some easy reading, juicy surrealistic love story and this series totally fulfills those needs. It is a four-book struggle of human Luce and angel Daniel. Can you imagine how already that difference would make a love life complicated? Not to mention that it seems Luce and Daniel have met in the past. Many times... Ow, the romantic drama!

Image
♥ From first to most recent with original titles: Fallen, Torment, Passion & Rapture. In between another book of this series was released -Fallen in Love- , with earlier love stories, which I haven't read yet. ♥

Image
♥ Currently I'm halfway the fourth part. I read nearly every evening when I get in my comfy bed. Often I go to bed early so I can read. ♥

Image
♥ I particulairy enjoyed the second one -Torment. It had the most beautiful scenery, on a cliff-side elitary school, where people live together serenely, the sea wind is like a calming melody, where every breakfast is a royal meal with the freshest ingredients and the flowers bloom freshly every morning. I could almost feel the sun on my face when reading it. ♥

Image

Image
I'm in a brooch- and ring-buying mood lately. Here two of my brooches; the upper from a long time ago (vintage) and the lower from Accessorize. Since I took this picture about three weeks ago, I purchased two more; a silver snake and a skull cameo. ♥

Image
♥ The wall decoration is a vintage soviet lamp (judging by its power socket) that my friends E and S bought for my house and I made a frame around it (wood, second hand) with real velvet background. I love the result! ♥

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment