Monday, June 30, 2014

On Wednesdays we wear Black

... like every other day.



The Sassenhein lake greeted me again. with a touch of summer this time. At this lake is a pavilion with patio overlooking the water. Two days ago this place was the stage to the local summer fair. Summer weather was one wish too much, but aside that it was lovely. The merchants and the little stalls of home made marmalade and vintage utensils charms me. I particularly like the brocante stands, where you cannot know in advance what to find.



❤ Dry wood for the fire, heat up that cauldron! ❤


The cauldron on fire is a traditional Hungarian way of preparing gulyás soup (in English known as Goulash I believe). The installation is called bogrács. One of the stands on the fair was selling hand forged bográcses from Hungarian origin and gulyás according to authentic recipe



❤ Witch outfit; skirt H&M, top Mango, vest from the back of my closet. Black flower hairband is a DIY black hairband with black flower clips attached to it; so easy and so successful!  ❤

❤ Kiss Me in the Kitchen  ❤

Oh this pot holder / oven mitten is an item that I have seen on another fair, about two years ago and I have always regretted not having bought it. This time fortune was on my side, it was even on sale! €4 only! The little black dress is my apron for the rare occasions that I bake. The pearls are part of it.





My fair purchases included this cow horn and a lovely old-looking frame. The feathers are from my childhood home town, that I've collected two weeks ago.





 


My recent witch-y moods are most likely to be influenced by this horrific and intense series that I am watching these days. Just recently have I finished American Horror Story's third season: Coven, and oh my deer it was dark and twisted and beautiful.




Music to match the witch mood:
Brother Orchid - Season of the Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment